- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Sep 23, 2018
- [+] More Details
Pale Moon Review
A review of Pale Moon by Sven Sørensen
If you're down about the recent "enhancements" to Firefox and its weird release schedule, you might want to check out Pale Moon. It's a browser based completely off of Firefox code, but optimized for Windows systems.
The core aim of the Pale Moon project is to build optimized versions of Firefox which takes advantage of all of the bells and whistles on a Windows PC. This ranges from better page rendering, script execution and more. This all results in a faster and better browser.
Since Pale Moon is based off of Firefox, there are constant fixes and improvements to the core code of which Pale Moon derives.
In terms of appearance, Pale Moon is very similar to Firefox and users shouldn't feel out of place if they are migrating from Firefox. For Chrome users, they can feel a little better about the lack of tracking technologies.
In the end, Pale Moon offers enhanced browsing by providing faster rendering and optimized usage of Windows resources. Since Firefox is cross-platform, it is not necessarily optimized for Windows users.Pale Moon features and highlights:
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5, CSS3 and WebGL
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox profiles with this migration tool
Pale Moon is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from internet browsers without restrictions. Pale Moon 28.1.0 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This Internet browser software is filed under:
- Pale Moon Download
- Freeware Internet Browsers
- Software Reviews
- Open source and GPL software
Compatibility with this Internet browser software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of Pale Moon may be available from Moonchild Productions.
We have tested Pale Moon 28.1.0 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]